Financial Advice and Support


Supporting with maximising income through support grants

Identifying where someone may be able to receive benefits and supporting them with applying

Negotiating energy debts and setting up payment plans with energy companies

Advising on the most appropriate method of payment for these payment plans

Identifying and signposting to other organisations with specific knowledge and expertise on claiming support grants

Types of Benefits

  • Attendance Allowance

    If you need support with providing care in the home, managing a disability or an illness, you can get support for this. The amount you receive depends on how much support you need with care or with a personal illness or disability.

    There are two rates of pay that determine how much support you will need. The lower rate of pay is £68.10 and the higher rate is £101.75, if support is required frequently both during the day and night. This is paid weekly. If you are 66 years of age or above and are physically or mentally disabled, this may be something that you can claim. Your earnings and savings will not determine how much of this you receive.

    If you haven’t yet reached State Pension Age, you may be eligible for Personal Independent Payment instead.

  • Housing Benefit

    This will support you if you are on a low income, you pay rent to a private landlord, council housing or housing association, you have less than £16,000 in savings and are over State Pension Age

  • Pension Credit

    This is money claimed if you are over the pensions age and on a low income. It is calculated by working out your weekly income or joint weekly income if you have a partner/spouse.

    You may be able to claim Pension Credit if you:

    Are 66 years of age or above

    Your weekly income is below £201.05 if you are single or less than £306.85 if you are a couple

    For more information visit: GOV.UK

  • Personal Independence Payment

    PIP is replacing DLA for adults born after April 1948

    If you have a long-term physical or mental health condition or disability, find daily tasks difficult and struggle to get around, you can get this benefit.

    For help with everyday tasks, such as washing, dressing, personal hygiene, making financial decisions and socialising, you can receive a minimum of £68.10 and a maximum of £101.75.

    If you struggle to physically move around, leave and enter your home or have a mental health condition that affects your ability to move around, you can receive a minimum of £26.90 and a maximum of £71.

    This is paid every four weeks, is tax free and unaffected by your income.

  • Carers Allowance

    Do you spend 35 hours or more caring for someone at home? Are they receiving Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or Armed Forces Independence Payment? Are you earning less than £132 a week? Are you not in full time education?

    You can receive £76.75 a week.

    For more information, head to: GOV.UK

Our Support Team can identify whether you are in receipt of a specific benefit or discount through a phone call or the holistic home assessment.

We also provide support with debt repayments, info on how to negotiate debt and how to approach conversations surrounding debt.

Our partners at Age UK offer detailed information and guidance on the different benefits available.